Sunday, March 8, 2009

Break n'Such





Salut,

So I had a fantastic break, followed by a not so fantastic "stay in bed for a week because you're sick". Over break, I stayed in and lounged around, which was nice...in addition, I made some Cookies'n'cream Vegan cupcakes from the world famous "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" Recipe Book. They were So Delicious!

The Weekend before break was over, there was a HUGE 'festival of lights' called "Nuit Blanche" (or translated into All-Nighter in French). Nuit Blanche is a chance for all of montreal's artists to come out and show there work in an all night festival of madness! There were events all night long ( stayed up until 6am). I had a blast, but briefly after, I came down with a flu-like sickness that kept me in bed all last week. I am feel much better now, but I'm swamped in schoolwork for the next month!!!

Last night, a few friends and I went to the Ste. Emelie Skillshare. The skillshare is basically an art studio/work space where people can come and work on anything they want. or learn a new skill! Last night, they were having an event called "chosen family photos". We got to dress up in costumes that they had available and take pictures with friends for super cheap. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Not much else new is going on currently, but it looks like the weather is cheering up! I can't tell you how excited I am to go outside in just a sweatshirt and ride my bike to school. I just want to be able to hangout OUTDOORS for once. I'm getting very eager.

More news soon

-courtney

1 comment:

Jenna said...

seriously....
outdoor picnics need to happe soon i'm getting ansy!!